Caribbean Treasure
Caribbean Treasure
Caribbean Treasure
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for the Guild on Pirate's Of The Caribbean Online.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

moving over to MySpace - your thoughts?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tesoro

tesoro

moving over to MySpace - your thoughts? Empty
PostSubject: moving over to MySpace - your thoughts?   moving over to MySpace - your thoughts? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:07 am

Hey everyone,
This forum has been great and made me realize that there is a much larger pirate community outside of the game.
Many of our pirate and player friends and their guilds keep MySpace pages.
I have been working on Dan Rigspinner's for the last several weeks.

go to www.myspace.com and look up Dan Rigspinner

Jade and Scar already keep personal pages here, I keep only my pirate pages.
I have copied over all the recipes that have been posted to this site in the blog section maintaining the post dates.

The benefits:
- maintains privacy (you can use your pirate name, most players do)
- exposure to many other pirates who already keep profiles
- several forms of communication (blogs, comments, im and personal messaging, popular apps, photo sharing, etc) with each other and friends outside of guild
- ability to personalize to your hearts content
- League events are posted by league event chairperson
- still free!

The costs:
- another place to maintain information

To minimize effort I think we should have one place to share information. Since you all have created logins on this site, please let me know your thoughts.

Dan
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/diverdano/dm/Welcome.html
jane

jane

PostSubject: Re: moving over to MySpace - your thoughts?   moving over to MySpace - your thoughts? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 3:35 am

Woops sorry don't have a my space page have a facebook lol not sure what i have
having a senior moment i guess

hugs
Jane
Back to top Go down
River

River

PostSubject: Re: moving over to MySpace - your thoughts?   moving over to MySpace - your thoughts? EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 5:12 am

I've looked at several of the other guild sites that had links on the LoG page and they look great. I see lots of potential in it.

Not sure how much work is involved in setting it up, so you'll have to decide if you have the time to add that to your day Dan. This site has been great in getting us connected outside the game, but I wouldn't mind seeing a page that was a little more customized to gaming info and activities.

pirat
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/river215
Samantha Morgan

Samantha Morgan

PostSubject: Re: moving over to MySpace - your thoughts?   moving over to MySpace - your thoughts? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 5:06 am

Sounds like a great idea to me, I don't have myspace though, I'd have to create a profile and I'm a little busy with exams. 2 down and 2 to go btw. To make things worse my laptop crashed... now I really can't play until it comes back from repairs Mad

What ever u guys decide is fine by me. Wink Just let me know so I can start working on my page!!

Hugs,

Sam
Back to top Go down
tesoro

tesoro

PostSubject: ouch - sorry 'bout the 'puter Sam   moving over to MySpace - your thoughts? EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:53 am

Hope you get it back soon 'cause we always wanna play with our good friends.
Congrats on 2 finals down. I was helping wife with some of her work for classes too.
Looking forward to seeing you again soon sweetie!

Hugs, Dan
Back to top Go down
beth singeslipper

beth singeslipper

PostSubject: Re: moving over to MySpace - your thoughts?   moving over to MySpace - your thoughts? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 5:47 am

sounds great dan , i do have my space and facebook bounce Basketball
Back to top Go down
beth singeslipper

beth singeslipper

PostSubject: Re: moving over to MySpace - your thoughts?   moving over to MySpace - your thoughts? EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 5:57 am

i looked at your page dan, so we would make the my space page with our pirate profile? sounds good to me and i agree with the more privacy thing. im up for it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Samantha Morgan

Samantha Morgan

PostSubject: Re: moving over to MySpace - your thoughts?   moving over to MySpace - your thoughts? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 12:47 am

Hi guys,

I'm done with my finals but laptop is still out of service Sad

I wanted to ask... should I be starting a myspace page then?

Hugs

santa Sam
Back to top Go down
tesoro

tesoro

PostSubject: start your pirate MySpace accounts   moving over to MySpace - your thoughts? EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:01 am

Hey Sam,
You bet, when you get a chance take a look at MySpace and create a pirate account, i used Dan Rigspinner for mine. I want to add you all as friends and keep you up to date using the blog and comments as well as pictures.

Hope to see everyone soon, we have our tree up, a big 8 footer this year, very pretty.

Cheers and Hugs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: moving over to MySpace - your thoughts?   moving over to MySpace - your thoughts? Empty

Back to top Go down

moving over to MySpace - your thoughts?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Caribbean Treasure  :: General :: General-
Jump to: